Imagine a quiet place, a place where the world all around you teems with sounds of life far removed from the typical hum of cars accelerating, fingers clattering away on laptops, and voices engaged in cell phone conversations. That place, Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center, is just minutes from Lincoln — and a world away from the pressures of daily life.
Picture yourself at Spring Creek Prairie. Whether you are holding a meeting, celebrating a wedding, or organizing some other social gathering, here your event will take place in nature’s beauty. Among our most distinctive assets are:
- A unique, natural setting amidst Nebraska’s history — in one of North America’s most extraordinary ecosystems
- All the conveniences you need in our green educational building, plus plenty of parking
- Trails leading to unlimited discovery
Depending on the size of your crowd, choose from two venues in our visitor center. Reservations require a signed contract and deposit, applied toward the rental fee. You can find the details of our Reservation and Cancellation Policy below.
For details on making your event a success, call (402) 797-2301 or e-mail us. We’ll help you create an affair to remember—naturally!
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
All reservations require a signed contract and $100 deposit to reserve requested space, date, and time. This deposit will be applied toward the total rental fee upon completion of a satisfactory inspection following the event.
Refund Policy: Deposits will be refunded to renters who cancel building reservations at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event date. Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center will retain the deposits of reservations canceled within three weeks of the scheduled event date.
- The Renter is responsible for all set-up and clean-up.
- Because Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center’s priority as a nature center is our conservation work, we ask your assistance in making certain that the exhibits, grounds, and habitat remain undisturbed. Please respect the premises at all times during your event.
- For after-hours rentals, the building must be vacated by 10:00 p.m.
- Alcoholic beverages can be served only by a vendor who has a license to serve alcohol. Renter must supply Spring Creek Prairie with copy of license.
Visitor Center Rental Information
The visitor center at Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center is available to rent for meetings, weddings, and other social gatherings. The building is available year-round, except major holidays. Please call (402) 797-2301 for availability and prices.
1) During regular business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00; Sat-Sun 1:00-5:00)
Education Room (Approximately 1,000 sq. ft.)
- Available for half-day (maximum 5 hours) and full-day events (minimum 5 1/2 hours).
- Tables (20), chairs (80), LCD projector, screen, and full kitchen available
- Capacity: 100 people for theater seating, 64 people at tables (renter must supply extra tables and chairs)
- Reduced rates for nonprofit organizations
Ethel S. Abbott Grand Prairie Hall - not available
2) After regular business hours
Entire Visitor Center (Education Room and Ethel S. Abbott Grand Prairie Hall [approximately 2,400 sq. ft.])
- Tables (20), chairs (80), LCD projector, screen, full kitchen available (renter must supply extra tables and chairs)
- Capacity: 100 people for theater seating, 64 people at tables (each room)
- Building must be vacated by 10:00 pm